Soundtrack Saturday (1)


First of all, I want to take the time to thank Erin over at the Hardcover Lover for making this wonderful thumbnail for me. She know's my obsession with images, especially ones that match my blog, and she took it upon herself to make some for me, to use for memes and other posts. Thank you so much girl, I love them!

Now back to why you're here.

Erin has this cool meme that I've been trying to participate in since it was created, but I always failed horribly. Either I forgot to do the post, or I felt like the songs I found didn't exactly mesh well with the story I was reading. So instead of using Youtube, I turned to my righthand man Spotify, and found some amazing tracks to showcase for this meme. Let's jump right in.

 Filthy Serial by Megan. D. Martin.




I wanted to have a playlist where even if you haven't read the book, you could still get a pretty good idea of what the story is about. If you've took the time to listen to a few tracks you would gather that this book is pretty dark. All of the songs cover heavy topics such as forbidden love and abuse, which sums up the Filthy books to a T. Just in case you want a little more detail to what Filthy is all about, I've linked my mini reviews to these stories here. Enjoy guys!

* Update *
So Spotify allows you to embed songs, albums, and playlists to blogs, websites, etc. But if you noticed, clicking play on the tracks would actually send you to spotify's web player, instead of just playing the song via your post or site. It's quite annoying but hey, atleast it works lol. Sorry for the inconvenience !

9 comments

  1. Awe. Thanks for the kind words, Tika!

    I love the colors on those covers. It just screams danger to me. I haven't read them, and the only song I know from your list is "The Voice Within" by Christina. Oops. lol

    Thanks for participating! It's so cool to finally see it here, and I love that you did it on a serial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl these books ARE dangerous lmao. You haven't heard of Cherry Pie?! It's in like every movie and commercial! I had fun searching for songs to use, I'm definitely going to be participating more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... when I scrolled down, that one disappeared. Yeah... I think I have "Cherry Pie" on my iPod. It's kind of an anthem at my house. lol

      Delete
    2. I actually did a dance routine to that song in High School for a recital lmao

      Delete
    3. No way!

      I'd quit dance by high school, and I still regret it. I was always the prima ballerina. lol Oh well... I'm glad that I got out when I did. I didn't like being bullied by dance teachers.

      Delete
  3. I. LOVE. THIS! I was going to post my Soundtrack Saturday for Filthy last night too, but I didn't want to risk another headache. lol. I haven't heard some of the other songs but I'd have to say Cherry Pie, and What A Catch, Donnie and Dreaming With A Broken heart (Totally for Book 3!!!!) are totally on point!

    I want to post mine now but it's not Saturday here anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours! I'm excited because I've read the book, so I'll know how the songs relate to the story. Filthy was PERFECT for this meme, there were so many good songs to use about different topics. I need to do more of these Soundtrack Saturdays. Shoutout to Erin for making this !!

      Delete
  4. TIKATIKATIKA! My lovely bloggy chum! You're fab, I do think so, so I tagged you in the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! :D If you want to have a go at answering the questions I set you they're at the end of my most recent blog :3 http://prescriptionfiction.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html HAVE FUN I know you wont disappoint girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Evie! I'm on it now :)

    ReplyDelete