The Fangirl Remix | Contemporary Fever


This . Is . The . Remix . 

The Fangirl Remix is something that I created for myself to be lazy. Okay let me explain . . . 

I don't know if you guys are aware, but I review every single last book that I read. Recently I've been trying to avoid doing this, because well . . . it get's a bit . . . tiring. If you've been following my blog for a while, then you know I get's down to business with my reviews. All of them are pretty much in-depth, and I believe because of this, I've put myself in what we would call a slump. Good thing I'm still in the mood to read, but because I don't feel like doing my normal reviews, all of the books I want to talk about are piling up, and this is not acceptable here at fANGIRLconfessions lol. So as I mentioned above, I created this so I can kinda be lazy, but still chat about all of the books that I've read. Whether they're old books that I read years ago, or ones that I've recently dived into, I'll be giving you guys a " remix " of my traditional reviews. Enjoy guys  


Side A Tracklist


Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven
Find Me I'm Yours by Hillary Carlip
Never Never by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes


Track 1: Bad Romeo




This is my jam!


Now everyone knows I love me a good New Adult novel, and honey this is it! One of my favorite things about this book, was that it was centered around the concept of theater. It was cool to see the characters complete acting exercises and plays in their classes, giving us a glimpse of what it takes to be an actor/actress in training.

Another favorite of mine would be the characters. Ah man, they were so snarky, and funny, and just really enjoyable. I loved how dorky Cassie was, and even though Ethan was a bit of a dickhead at times, I just thought he was sooo cute. But the person that truly took the cake for me, was a supporting character named Jake. I think his name was Jake, but oh my goodness you guys, this dude was HILARIOUS! He just did and said things that really made scenes with him a pleasure to read. 

There's alot of sexual tension going on in this book, and I found myself screaming " Just Have Sex Already ! " I enjoyed the tension, but I will admit there were times where I was irritated by it, but it works guys, it works. Oh and I was kinda bothered by the overbearing use of the word " fuck ". I mean they said it sooooo freaking much! I get it, you want each other, no need to keep dropping the F Bomb okay? The ending was a big WTF for me, and because of this, I am dying to read the second book in this series, Broken Juliet. 


Track 2: Find Me I'm Yours




On Repeat!


Find Me I'm Yours is going down as one of my favorite reads of this year! OMG this book was everything to me. It's completely interactive, giving us the opportunity to go on a " treasure hunt " to help the character find a guy in search for his true love. You click through websites, photos, (THE MAIN CHARACTER HAS AN REAL INSTAGRAM !!) and you can even take polls, and call numbers to listen to characters in the story. I sadly underestimated this book. I assumed it'll be one of those projects where the concept was better than the story, but boy was I wrong. The story was so cute and cliche, (in a good way) and it was just the book I needed to read for Swoonuary. Mags, a struggling artist living in LA, was so funny guys. She was weird, and dorky, and just one of those characters where you think, " I can definitely chill with this chick in real life. " I truly appreciate how much thought the author put into this book, I mean it clearly was alot of hard work, and . . . just pick this up yall. I just . . . I adore this book to pieces. 


Track 3: Never Never




Twerk Worthy


Never Never is one of those books where you need to go in not knowing anything AT ALL, so I won't give too much away in this review. There were a few people that was shocked that I only rated this book a 3.8, and I must admit I was a bit shocked myself. Even though I really enjoyed this story, Charlie's character was a bit annoying to me. I hated who she was before, and even though she's completely different now, I still found myself wanting to strangle her! On the other hand I loved me some Silas. Such a caring boyfriend he was, too bad Charlie is a blind fool. Anywho, for a super short story there were still plenty of plot twists. From that vague synopsis we received, you have no clue what the story is even going to be about, and I will say I was pleasantly surprised. It was completely different from what I was expecting. The ending didn't bother me as much as it did others, I mean I knew we were going to get some type of cliff-hanger, but because of how this story left off, I know that in part 2, Charlie is really going to get on my nerves. I can't really explain why, but if you haven't picked this up, I definitely recommend it!


Track 4: Falling Kingdoms




Bobs head off beat


Okay I cheated by squeezing this book in this post, but you'll see why I didn't do an in-depth review.

I'm not even going to lie, I was a bit disappointed by this book. I rated Falling Kingdoms a 3.8 as I did Never Never, mainly because nothing really happened. I had high expectations, especially for a High Fantasy novel, and to me, it just fell a bit short. The concept was intriguing, (I like anything with elements of magic) and even though it was hard to follow the multiple point of views at first, eventually after a few chapters everything starts to come together, and with a much better flow. (I suggest reading the cast of characters page first. That helped to determine who was who when it came to reading the alternating chapters.)

My biggest problem with Falling Kingdoms was that the action didn't really start until the end of the book. Meaning, I spent 20 something chapters waiting for the story to finally pick up, and when it did I was like, " Oh . . . Okay. " I just wish there was more action, and that the story wasn't so predicable. I felt like my name should have been Cleo the way I was guessing all the turn of events chapters before they even occurred! I will say that I enjoyed some of the characters though. Magnus was my favorite, and I really liked that his story had a little bit of a forbidden love thing going on, which HELLO I love! 

There were alot of characters mentioned, but I felt that maybe only 3 of them really played a huge part in the story. For example Princess Cleiona. I can't say that I wasn't digging her character because I was, however, when I stumbled across a part of the story where Insta-Love smacked me in the face, I was pretty bothered by her after that lol. It was as if everything she did after that scene, resulted in an eye-roll from me. Anywho, I feel like this book resembles my experience with Throne of Glass. Like Falling Kingdoms, TOG wasn't anything spectacular to me, but because it was intriguing enough, I'm going to continue reading the rest of the series, and I plan to do the same with FK as well. 


You know I value your opinion, so what do you guys think about The Fangirl Remix? & If you've read any of these books and want to chat about them, drop a comment below!

P.S I decided to whip up my traditional review for I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. Stay tuned!   

Post a Comment