What's Your Book Fate? -- A Tale Of Highly Unusual Magic



Release Date: October 6, 2015
Publisher: Harpercollins
Genre(s): Middle Grade, Fantasy
Pages: 320
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble 



Kai and Leila are both finally having an adventure. For Leila, that means a globe-crossing journey to visit family in Pakistan for the summer; for Kai, it means being stuck with her crazy great-aunt in Texas while her mom looks for a job. In each of their bedrooms, they discover a copy of a blank, old book called The Exquisite Corpse. Kai writes three words on the first page—and suddenly, they magically appear in Leila's copy on the other side of the planet. Kai's words are soon followed by line after line of the long-ago, romantic tale of Ralph T. Flabbergast and his forever-love, Edwina Pickle. As the two take turns writing, the tale unfolds, connecting both girls to each other, and to the past, in a way they never could have imagined.

A heartfelt, vividly told multicultural story about fate and how our stories shape it.


To celebrate the release of A Tale Of Highly Unusual Magic, I was presented with a very fun, but also thought-provoking opportunity. In this here post, I'll be asking, (and also answering) a question that will have all of us readers thinking about titles that have affected us in the best way possible. Once you have answered the question in the comments, your input will be used as a valid entry into an international giveaway for this showcased title. Sound good? Okay time for le question!

What is your book fate - what book has changed your perspective, your heart, your life?


Tell The Wolves I'm Home - This is the one book that I absolutely related to 100%. I lost an uncle to the HIV virus some years ago, so to stumble across a book that covered the exact same scenario was almost sort of a blessing. It helped to cope with some of my feelings, and accurately depicted what emotions a family as a whole, and individually would be going through. While it was tough to deal with reality during the death of my uncle, it was easy to escape within the story, experiencing the growth of the characters, as well as myself.

Forbidden - Let me tell you, Forbidden completely changed my perspective on what the Young Adult genre could actually deliver. I've been reading YA since I was in middle school, (think Sarah Dessen novels and Sweet Valley High) so when I read Forbidden, it completely blew me away, and made me fall in love with YA as an adult. Tabitha Suzuma completely pushed the envelope with the story, not only bending the rules on what is considered " acceptable " in YA, but she stepped out of the box completely, and created her own lane. Packed with raw emotion and swift but beautiful writing, I still haven't found a contemporary that knocks this out of my favorite YA contemp spot, and I don't think I ever will. Mind blowing guys, mind blowing.

So now it's your turn. 

In the comment section below, answer the above question. You'll automatically be entered into the international giveaway for A Tale Of Highly Unusual Magic! If you don't want to be entered into the giveaway but still would like to share your thoughts, simply comment telling me to exclude you!

.


Post a Comment